Just like what you wear, what you 'where' is also an extension of your personal style.
Why wouldn't you want to love everything about your home? That was a rhetorical question. You would want to.
I'll throw in some basics that I find essential to loving home:
1. Always make your bed. There are some scientific studies on this, but for the sake of keeping it simple you shouldn't leave your room without a clean bed. I guess parents had the right idea after all.
2. Make your bed awesome. Since it's where you spend up to a 3rd of your life (even more for nappers), you should invest in it. This means a nice mattress, but also luxurious sheets, pillows and a comforter that you love to hug each night. Check out this post for some cool sheets.
3. UNMAKE YOUR BED. SORT OF. WASH YOUR SHEETS MORE OFTEN THAN YOU DO. I KNOW IT SUCKS TO DO, BUT YOUR SKIN WILL THANK YOU. GET A FEW PAIRS OF NICE SHEETS, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE LAUNDRY IS DONE TO DO STEP 1. please read the care labels before washing though.
4. Every room's decor should have a purpose. Don't put every little thing up on display - especially if it doesn't match. Someone special may get you an amazingly weird elephant statue made out of bamboo, but as you tell them "Aw thanks, you shouldn't have", think about where you'll put it (or worse, who you'll give it to next) when they leave.
5. Vacuum. It may seem obvious, but the more you do it, the better you will feel about your life. try at least twice a month, if not every week. and vacuuming is like everything else in life: the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.
Check out other decor ruminations so you can also be addressed in style!